Posted January 30th 2019 (1 year ago)
National Foundation Doctors Presentation Day 2019
Winners of the National Foundation Doctors Presentation Day
Bristol, 11th January 2019
- Winner - "Lost in translation: a pilot of e-learning in teaching medical students to use interpreters"
(Dr Andre Le Poidevin, Dr Alexander Grant, Dr Sean Mackin, Dr Anna Rathborne Furse - Severn Foundation School)
Quality Improvement Group 1 Poster
- Winner - "Improving our coronary angiography service for inpatients with NSTEACS in NHS Forth Valley"
(Dr Philip Anderson, Dr A Barton, Dr R McFarlane, J Cappie, C Probert, Dr C Labinjoh - Scotland Foundation School)
Quality Improvement Group 2 Poster
- Winner - "Reducing out of hours insulin and warfarin prescribing: a quality improvement project"
(Davyd Greenish, Matthew Shorthose, Thomas Morgan, Theresa Schulz, May Ho, Caitlin McNeill - Severn Foundation School)
Quality Improvement Section 3 Poster
- Winner - "How well are doctors documenting digital rectal examinations? A quality improvement project"
(Adam Mounce, Ahsan Naqvi, Danielle Beaver - Wales Foundation School)
Quality Improvement Group 4 Poster
- Winner - "Improving Cannulation Out-of-Hours Through a Multi-Disciplinary Approach to Cannulation Training"
(Alexandra Phillips, Marilia Gougoulaki, Giovanna Cowley - North Central Thames)
Case Report Group 1 Poster
- Winner - "A novel computed tomography guided, trans-cutaneous approach to treat refractory autophony in patients with a patulous Eustachian tube - a case series"
(Anna Leiss, Bidemi Alli, Rishi Shukla, John-Luke Cook, Angus Waddell - Severn Foundation School)
Case Report Group 2 Poster
- Winner - "Paraneoplastic pemphigus in a patient with Castleman’s Disease"
(Leah Gray - Severn Foundation School)
- Winner - "Common Medical Emergencies teaching for the multi-disciplinary team"
(Tak Wai Chan, Dr Borys Borvin - Wessex Foundation School)
Research/Original Work Poster
- Winner - "Molecular monitoring of adenovirus reactivation in faeces after haematopoietic stem-cell transplantation to predict systemic infection: a retrospective cohort study."
(Ryan Malcolm Hum, David Deambrosis, Su Han Lum, Emma Davies, Denise Bonney, Malcolm Guiver, Andrew Turner, Robert Francis Wynn, Prashant Hiwarkar - North West of England)
- Winner - "The Rationing of Hernia Repairs: unfair, unsafe, and expensive."
(William Gewanter, Mr Tom Hubbard, Mr Douglas Ferguson - Peninsula Foundation School)