Cross-Speciality Webinar for Out-Of-Programme Trainees
25 November 2020
10:00 - 13:00
Register in advance for this webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_bNyA_rqfRSec22ImUINUTQ
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
SuppoRTT for doctors returning to work in the pandemic - Knowledge Refreshers
A series of knowledge refresher webinars for doctors who are coming back from a break from clinical practice into an unprecedented and uncertain period of clinical work. All of the sessions are recorded and can be watched after a few days (to allow editing) here: SuppoRTT Digital Online Resources
Facilitated by Dr Lizy Townshend, Clinical Fellow for Health Education England's Supported Return to Training (SuppoRTT) program; Dr Aimee Manicom, Clinical Fellow for Quality improvement at Health Education England (Thames Valley); Dr Kirsty Smith, SuppoRTT Fellow at Wexham Park Hospital; and Ann Heath, SuppoRTT Manager for HEE Thames Valley.
You will be sent a link to join the event (on Zoom) by email nearer the time. Please feel free to listen along in noisy environments as questions and answers are typed in. Please note that registration for each day will close one hour before the first session starts.
Local Return to Work Courses
Return to Work Course – Medicine & Emergency Medicine – Southmead Hospital – Friday, 2 October 2020
- Free one-day course to support doctors returning to medicine and emergency medicine.
- Programme includes a mixture of:-
- Clinical skills
- Simulation sessions
- Small group discussions on the challenges and opportunities of returning to work
- Practical advice on returning to training.
- Suitable for all medical and ED trainees in the South West
- Location: Learning & Resources Centre, Southmead Hospital, North Bristol Trust
For more information and to book a place please email: Donna Paddon
Supporting Professionals to Support Returning Medical Trainees – Torbay Hospital – Friday 11 December (9.30am to 4pm)
- Free regional study day is aimed towards Postgraduate Medical Trainers along with Medical Workforce/Human Resources, Hospital Practice Managers, Postgraduate Team Managers and Occupational Health.
- A full programme will be available in the next couple weeks.
- Jointly hosted By Health Education England and Department of Postgraduate Medical Education, Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
- Speakers include:
- Dr Indra Dey, Consultant Paediatrician, SuppoRTT Champion Torbay;
- Dr Hiu Lam, Associate Dean for SuppoRTT;
- Dr Anna Baverstock, Consultant Paediatrician, Lead for Senior doctor Wellbeing, Taunton & Somerset NHS Foundation Trust;
- Dr Andrew Tresidder, GP & NHS Practitioner Health;
- Anna Alexander, Medical Workforce & OD Business Partner, Torbay & South Devon NHSFT;
- Location (a choice of virtual and real attendance): TREC, Torbay Hospital, Torquay TQ2 7AA and via Microsoft Teams
- For more information or to confirm your participation with dietary requirements please contact: Jan Morgan, Medical Education Manager email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deanery websites also have lists of all events available to trainees within the region, some of which will be applicable to the return to work process:
If you are faculty for any other return-to-work courses in the South West, please do let us know. Email SuppoRTT.SW@hee.nhs.uk and we will add the details of the course to this information page.